King Neighborhood Association
Jennifer was absent due to family emergency, Ingrid chaired the meeting.
- Introductions, motion to approve minutes, motion approved.
6: – Stephani gave an update from the neighborhood clean-up. She thanked
volunteers and reported a $715.00 profit from the event.
– Ingrid introduced the OHSU nursing students who joined the meeting to
explain their work on a neighborhood assessment for a museum community center
– Architects from Deca provided an update on the Workforce Housing project
buildings and landscaped areas. Loose timeline for building is begin end 1st quarter 2007
with 13 months to build. Neighbors asked question and Deca committed to keep in touch
as project progresses
– OHSU Nurses gave their presentation of community assessment project. They
queried the group regarding their interest in a museum/community center as a place to
provide health information to the community. The nurses are working with Willy and
Celeste on their project.
– Ingrid introduced the neighborhood small grant discussion. She provided the
group with a summary of the grant opportunity. The recommendation for grant
submission is to create coalitions with other neighborhood groups for diversity. The
grants available run from $100 - $10,000.00. KNA is eligible for $25,371.00. The group
discussed the possibility of recruiting a grant writer,
mentioned that there are many grants available, such as the historic highways grant.
Members of the Miracle Club were present to discuss the possibility of writing a joint
grant. Members of the Miracle Club provided the group with a summary of their group’s
purpose and activities. They invited everyone to come to their dances each week end.
The group brainstormed a bit, and then Ingrid and Christine Egan scheduled a separate
meeting to work on the KNA grant.
- Motion to adjourn, motion carried