The City of Portland is offering a grant program called Portland in the Streets, which is intended to “invest in small-scale community driven projects focused on transportation safety, equity, innovation and placemaking”. KNA would love to hear from the community about how you think our streets could be made safer and more equitable!
- Events in the streets encouraging new events in diverse communities.
- Creative community infrastructure encouraging beautification + livability through permanent infrastructure, public art and short-term demonstration projects.
- Innovative community engagement encouraging diverse partnerships with existing PBOT programs.
- Expanding the urban trails network to improve connectivity and usage.
- Small scale transportation safety projects along or adjacent to Portland’s High Crash Corridors and/or existing capital project