The Spirit of Portland Award Winning
MLK DREAM RUN: INSPIRING DREAMERS
* Saturday August 2, 2014 5pm-9pm: “Taste of the Dream” Our pre-race kickoff and community celebration.
* Sunday August 3, 2014 6:00 am-noon: The MLK Dream Run-5k,10k & 15K race and Award Ceremony
All events held at the Vanport lot, MLK & NE Alberta
Saturday, August 2nd, 5-9 pm, at the Vanport Lot at MLK & Alberta
Featuring “Taste of the Dream” as our Pre-race Kickoff Celebration
Food and Beverages, & a Beer Garden
Music and entertainment by
Linda Hornbuckle, N’Touch, Javier Nero, The Brown Sisterd
Dignitary address, including Mrs. Nancy Hales, our mayor’s spouse
Also included in the festivities are:
- Small Business “Exboutique”- booths displaying community products and service
- Acknowledgment of sponsors and the Elite “Dream Supporters
- Celebration of our NNEBA Youth Fellow entrepreneurs
- NNEBA membership appreciation
- Community engagement & Activities
- Messaging tied to the impact that the “I Have A Dream” speech as well as the 50th anniversary of the signing of the Civil Rights Act in 1964
- Pre-Race final registration opportunities
Sunday August 3, 2013, 6-10 am
The MLK Dream Run: 5k, 10k and 15K Geoff Hollister Tribute Race
Last year’s run attracted nearly 1,000 world class and amature athletes including race winners- former Olympic Qualifying runners Ryan Vail and Jared Basset.
The race also honor’s the vision of Dr. King’s “I Have A Dream” speech given in Aug 1963. This year will be the 50th anniversary of the Signing of the Civil Rights Act.
This year’s event will support the Youth Development and Empowerment programs of:
The “I Have A Dream” Foundation,
The NNEBA Youth Fellows Internship program,
The NxNE Community Health Clinic.