Sewer pipe inspections continue throughout the project area. Spot repair work was delayed and is anticipated to begin soon in the Williams/Cleveland alley.
- Week of May 22 – crews will continue camera inspections at various locations
- Week of May 29 – crews anticipate beginning spot repairs and replacement of lateral connections in the Williams/Cleveland alley between Jarrett and Killingsworth streets
Current work phases include:
- Video inspection crews will flush sewer with water to clear debris and then insert a video camera to document pipe and branch connection conditions.
- Perform spot repairs to the main line sewer pipe. This involves excavating small trench sections to access the pipe.
- Replace lateral connections between the main line sewer pipe and individual properties.
For a complete list of construction phases and a map of the project area, visit the project web page.
Residents and businesses should expect periods of inactivity between each phase ranging from a few days to a few weeks. The duration depends on a variety of variables including underground conditions, weather, traffic impacts, subcontractor schedules, quality control tests and availability of materials. To learn more about What to Expect During Construction go towww.portlandoregon.gov/bes/article/632833.
Construction will move from one site to another as work phases are completed, with periods of inactivity between phases. Please be aware that schedules are subject to change due to a variety of factors, including conditions underground, weather, traffic impacts and subcontractor and materials availability.
The city will use a combination of open trench construction and Cured-in-Place Pipe-Lining (CIPP). Details about each construction method are available atwww.portlandoregon.gov/bes/methods.
Construction hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Mondaythrough Friday, but the contractor may schedule work during the same hours on Saturdays. The Portland Noise Office approved night work for two locations within the project boundaries. (This work is not in the current schedule.) Homes and businesses near these locations will receive a separate notification before night work takes place. Check the projectmap for night work locations.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Visit the project web page at www.portlandoregon.gov/bes/wokialleys
or contact Rhetta Drennan.
Thank you for your cooperation during this project. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns such as business operations, disability issues, medical or business deliveries or other concerns. We appreciate your communication and want to hear from you.
City of Portland Environmental Services
1120 SW 5th Avenue, Rm. 1000, Portland, OR 97204-1912
Web page: www.portlandoregon.gov/bes