A Special Invitation from Commander George Burke, of the Portland Police Bureau, North Precinct
Please JOIN US on NE Alberta, on August 25th, 6 PM to Rally and Walk @ “Last Thursday”.
- We will be assembling @ NE 21st and Alberta at 6 PM (outside the “Mobile Precinct”)
The weather will be SUMMER Sun, combined with a neighborhood environment amplifying fun and entertainment for all community members.
We, as community members and services, are wanting this to be a safe environment, thus we are requesting you and your groups to send a message collectively:
- “We believe in the right of all community members to live and play in safety, and will involve ourselves collectively to further that right”
Community engagement is not a “phrase”, it is the answer to safety and relationship building within our communities.
Stand with US.. WALK with US… JOIN US…
Your presence, time and commitment are needed.
Tom Peavey, Policy Manager
Office of Youth Violence Prevention
449 NE Emerson Portland OR 97211
Office Phone: (503) 823-4180
Tonight at the King Neighborhood Association meeting, we will have a representative from Portland for Everyone presenting their platform and answering questions. If you have questions or concerns about housing availability or the residential infill project, please come by.
Tonight’s KNA meeting will begin at 6:30 pm at the NECN headquarters: 4815 NE 7th Ave, 97211.
Agenda: King Neighborhood Association monthly meeting, Wednesday August 10th, 2016
6:30 – 8:30 pm, at the offices of the Northeast Coalition of Neighborhoods, 4815 NE 7th Avenue, 97211
- Intros, agenda, minute meetings from July, general announcements [10 minutes]
- Update on the Ocobock property and the request for support on changing the hours of the EV station on MLK Boulevard [3 minutes]
- NA committee composition – who is responsible for what tasks? Committee rosters; representation on the NECN board of directors. Board member training. [10 minutes]
- This autumn’s affordable housing ballot measure. [5 minutes]
- Charlie Tso, Portland For Everyone – residential infill zoning changes. [30 minutes]
- Safety & livability issues update. [5 minutes]
- Treasurer’s report. [3 minutes]
- Tax burdens for low-income homeowners. [8 minutes]
- Revisiting December meeting to remove Margaret O’Hartigan from the KNA board. [25 minutes]
- Schedule grievance committee meeting, for to evaluate Margaret O’Hartigan’s August 1 grievance against the NA. [3 minutes]
The next meeting of the KNA land use committee has been scheduled. We will be meeting 7:30pm-9ish Tues 7/26 at 4815 NE 7th Avenue [updated location as of early afternoon, July 26th, for accessibility needs].
- Update on Ocobock property, & the EV charging station issues (MLK/Beech).
- Affordable housing ballot measure this autumn – a request for NA endorsement.
- Guy Bryant’s plans for redevelopment of lots at 3732-3734 NE 7th Avenue.
- Property tax burden for lower-income homeowners (research done by Margaret O’Hartigan).
- Residential infill zoning changes being considered. Portland for Everyone proposal – alternate to city’s proposal – worth consideration?