Currently, the Portland Police Bureau is asking for the community’s feedback regarding its directives pertaining to discipline process. Because the discipline process is a serious matter, a process which directly impacts members, reflects upon the Bureau, and is of interest to diverse, external parties, the Bureau is routing this series through its public process for a second time. The Bureau will be looking at national best practices and the public’s comments in order to update these policies this fall:
* 330.00, Internal Affairs Compliant Investigation Process
* 331.00, Service Improvement Opportunity
* 332.00, Administrative Investigations
* 333.00, Criminal Investigations of Police Bureau Employees
* 334.00, Performance Deficiencies
* 335.00, Discipline Process
* 336.00, Police Review Board
* 337.00, Police Review Board Personnel Selection
* 338.00, Discipline Guide
At the end of the proposed language, there is a link entitled ?Provide Feedback: Use this Form,? through which comments may be submitted:
The discipline process directives will remain posted and comments collected for thirty days (30), September 1, 2014 through Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
Let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.